Wednesday, May 4, 2016

CoQ10 and My Story: Heart Attack Part I #7

Spending some time at both La Gloria Hospital in 1981-1982 and then again at CHIPSA during 1994 on the Playas De Tijuana, I learned much about health, cancer and the heart function. I had a few episodes with my heart starting in 1986 while attending the University of Montana. My brother had just died in Indianapolis in a motel while traveling. He had a massive and deadly heart attack. At the age of 42, he left of three Children and his spouse.

I hit the "books" in San Diego, CA seeking out any information how I may avoid a heart attack. I talked to Dr D.E. Rogers about my condition and my family history. All the males members related to me genetically, succumb to a life ending heart failure. Both my brothers have passed away. Age 42 and age 50.  My Dad pass-away age 52. My Grandfather passed away age 58 who was the longest living family male during the 20th century. I was concerned about my survival!

Dr Rogers had just initiated using CoQ10 in his clinic during this time. I also began taking Cayenne pepper as an adjunct to high blood pressure. I read the book "Left For Dead", where the author reduce his blood pressure and stimulated an improved cardio health after being told he was dying. He applied generous amounts of Cayenne pepper in his diet and this was written about 15 years later from being told he would be dead in a short amount of time.

ChIPSA Hospital is where my Heart Attack started and I didn't know it at the time
I had walked five floors up several times that morning to top left corner window. Playas De Tijuana, MX

However, I was really interested in CoQ10 after taking it for about three weeks, I had remarkable energy levels from an improved heart function. Coming from being tired all the time to being extremely active during the work day. This was in August 1994, just two months before my massive heart attack!

My service work enabled me to cross into Tijuana several times a day. At the CHIPSA hospital were back stairs. My work area was on fifth floor and I always took the stairs. On a certain day, I think it was October 14, 1994. I made a half dozen trips up and down the back stairs. It was an extraordinary busy day at the hospital. I was tired from all the running around so I went back to San Diego early after-noon. I was age 42 like my deceased brother. Going through the border at San Ysidro is an experience and becomes epic as 10,000 cars at any time are gaining entry. The usual wait is a half hour going north. Then it started, cold sweats, anxiousness and a feeling claustrophobic. I was having a heart attack and didn't realize what was happening!

Passing through primary inspection while looking ill, the Customs people asked me if I was alright. All that was muttered, I had the flu or some kind of stomach problem. They knew me by my License plate number that I was someone who was a US citizen, and I got a fast pass across. I drove to the office in Chula Vista where my spouse worked. She took one look at me, and said let's go now! I went to Paradise Valley Hospital (Chula Vista) in a hurry. Upon entry they took my Blood pressure. It was 220/120.

The machine kept reading my blood pressure every five minutes. I had some Cayenne pepper Capsules and took about four capsules my wife had in her purse. I was used to taking 100,000 energy unit capsules (very hot).

Then I watched my Blood pressure drop in about a half hour from 220 down to 140/90. This occurred while staff left me for dead. I had not received any medications from the hospital as they were coming in from time to time to check on my condition. They were astounded at my numbers dropping so fast. I was moved into the next room for heart attack protocol and testing, they determine that I did have a heart attack, as an enzyme level in the blood indicated a big heart attack.

The one week staying at Paradise Valley Hospital allowed my Cardio Doctor Fernandez, a chance to contact one of the finest cardiac surgeons within Southern California. He was world renowned with heart surgery and I drew the "lucky straw" (much praying), as he, Hernandez (Surgeon), performed a four-way bypass 22 years ago during 1994. After the surgery he visited me and said, “You did great but don't expect a long life.

He related, "Typically, patients who have a genetic history of heart disease in the family, can expect a five year duration before having the next bypass surgery."

He also said, "Don’t worry every year heart procedures continue to improve as does the science. You have a good 15 years ahead of you based on the data".

This didn't comfort me, but I kept my courage up and continued with the CoQ10 protocol from Dr. Rogers. A new adjunct therapy from his base of treatment for the worst diseases.

CoQ10 began as a fluke observation in Alaska by military Doctors (read this somewhere). They read that from CoQ10 studies, from both Japan and Germany, the enzyme is one of nature's important building blocks in the human body. It was particularly effective concerning the heart health and dental problems. These were old studies and were slipped under the rug by American Medical Associations as inconclusive and then abandon.

However, the Japanese medical counterparts kept up the research on CoQ10, and found that it should be part of all disease protocols concerning the heart and that remains true today. Patients leaving Japanese hospitals, who have heart related disease, surgery or a heart event, must take CoQ10 indefinitely with Japan's protocol when suffering cardiac risks. At that time CoQ10 was only made in both Japan and Germany in 1994. Now it is found in every market place or big box store.

Obviously, I have a four-way bypass and after year seventeen June 1, 2011, I died with a second big heart attack. The next feature recounts how I lived through the next heart attack after being pronounced dead. Part II is still being lived today.

No comments:

Post a Comment